- Have the children line up on one end of the gym or outdoor space. Set the dodge balls in the center of the playing area.
- On go, players can race to the center to grab a ball. Once a player has a ball the object of the game is to hit another player with the ball, without the other player catching the ball.
- If a player is hit by a ball and does not catch it, they must sit down. That player is out until the person who hit them is hit.
- If a player catches a ball that was thrown at them, the thrower is then down until the person who caught the ball is hit.
- Game play continues until there is only one player remaining.