Giant Bubble Wand Craft and Activity for Kids
Make GIANT bubbles with this fun and simple craft that will have kids using engineering skills to create a bubble wand that will keep them busy for hours!
- Give each child two wooden dowels and two eye hooks. You can try and screw the eye hook into the end of the dowel but I found more luck with taping the hooks to the dowels. Use athletic tape to secure the hook to end of the dowel. The athletic tape is best for this activity because you can get it wet without it peeling away or losing its stick, I found an affordable roll on amazon.
- Next cut the string. The length of the string is subjective, you want it to be long enough to make large bubbles but not so long that kids struggle to make the bubble. (I would recommend a 3 foot string to start)
- Put the washer onto the string.
- String each end of the string through the eye hooks and tie the ends in a knot.
- You are ready to make giant bubbles!
- Place the bubbles in a large container.
- Hold the dowels together and dip the string into the bubble mixture.
- When you pull the dowels up, allow the excess bubbles to drip off the end of the string and washer
- Then pull the dowels apart slowly, allow the wind to blow a giant bubble!
You make like these similar Activities: