- Cones or a gym space with center line
- 2 Hula hoop
- Split the children into two equal teams
- Set up the cones in the center of the playing space or designate the center line as the center
- Set the hula hoops 5-10 feet behind the center line on each side. Older children can be further back than younger ones.
- Select one player from team 1 to be the server, this person will stand in the hula hoop and swat it over the line to the other team.
- The other team will then swat it back, teams may hit the balloon as many times as they want before it goes over the line.
- If the balloon hits the floor it is a point for the opposing team, and the opposing team gets to serve.
- Game play is over when the first team scores 15 points.